Action Items for the Northwest Tennessee Regional Economic Development Group.
Action Item #1:
Launch and develop a model for sustaining the Northwest Tennessee Regional Higher Education Center in Obion County.
- Launch the Northwest Tennessee Regional Higher Education Center in Obion County by January 2012.
- Develop a long-term sustainable model that can be deployed across the region in areas of need by September 2013.
Action Item #2:
Over the next two years, support the launch of a regional accelerator, regional business incubator and Digital Factory.
- Support the successful launch of a regional accelerator in the region by January 2012.
- Research requirements and develop model for Digital Factories to be deployed across the area by June 2012.
- Develop relationships that will support a business incubator program by July 2013.
Action Item #3:
Develop and implement a targeted marketing campaign for Northwest Tennessee by June 2012.
- Plan and implement a Familiarization Tour for ECD project managers and TVA target market specialists by December 2011.
- Identify and develop relationships with key site selection consultants for targeted industries by June 2012.
Action Item #4:
Meet with the top 100 existing employers in the region by June 2012.
- Meet with the top 100 existing employers in the region by June 2012 to determine how, if at all, state and local economic development organizations can help them expand and increase their competitiveness.
- Plan and host an Annual Industrial Roundtable using legislative resources to create and enhance relationships by September 2012.